The Navigating Our Future Model
NOF's model's is founded on affordable programmatic, multi-media communications capabilities and strategies that can attract, inform and engage Main Street America.
A variety of communication mediums are used in effective combination to present important information and trustworthy facts about America's crises; well-researched and realistic possibilities and opportunities to solve these challenges; and an invitation to Americans to become part of a powerful nationwide movement, that can begin in their home town, to create resilient, thriving communities nationwide.
In 2012, several components of the NOF model--one of which has begun to deploy and a second in development-- the foundation to incorporate all of the other components of the system.
The fully developed model will provide people with:
- Participation in constructive, face-to-face and on-line events and programs including 21st Century electronic town hall meetings that are focused on reaching nationwide agreement on actionable strategies for addressing American's crucial problems.
- A program of trustworthy, sufficiently substantive education about the issues and solution options and major perspectives on them.
- An on-line open source platform that is very scalable and combines mapping, data visualization, and records repositories that can be used to organize and present community indicators, and catalyze public discussion around any number of urgent local issues. The visual products this system generates can be plugged into other web sites, into public access TV, physical presentations, Face Book, mashups, and, most importantly, used to inform on-going, interactive deliberations in communities nationwide focused on solving community problems.
- A process and supporting technical infrastructure for reaching consensus.
- A web-based platform for nationwide discussion and collaboration.
- A way for participants and their elected government representatives to engage together in a productive interchange that best reflects the intent of our Constitution interpreted within a 21st century context.
- A way for participants to take action on the positions they support.
- A financially sustainable way to grow the program's services.